Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Ok, just came back from Osaka

 


I just touched down from Osaka and looking forward to continuing the regular programming on this blog. We should be going back to some technical finance articles soon. 

As this trip was done with my family, I only have a few insights on my trip other than the realization that I did not buy very much from my trip. Most of the trip consisted of sightseeing.


I only have very shallow insights from my experiences as a Singaporean tourist from Japan. I cannot believe that they will come when Singaporeans will find Japan a cheap tourist destination, but this day has come. Meals that locals eat in cafes and restaurants will cost about $6.50 for us, and do take note that the Japanese serve cold water without extra charge. If you splurge and eat at a higher-end restaurant, I sometimes need help to stretch the food above SGD 30 per head. The meal below is a tofu-based high-end meal we had at about SGD 160 for my whole family. 


If there is anyone to thank, the central bankers in Japan kept interest rates low to keep their Yen weak. Combined with our MAS's decision to keep the current rate bands constant this October. I enjoyed my visits to Istanbul and Osaka because of the different actions of central bankers. 

This may be a template for travel in the future: go to a place where the SGD has the most purchasing power, then eat slightly better than the locals, splurging in a good restaurant maybe once a day. 

I envision a gamer's trip to London in a year or two - I need to focus on my intermediate (earned) cash flow needs and training business.



No comments:

Post a Comment