Right now the details are still quite sketchy, but I thought that blog readers should be able to pitch in and suggest what they want to hear.
The working title is "Finding your child's university education".
Here's what I have so far.
- Paying for Education is about increasing a child's human capital as opposed to financial capital. It should be treated like an investment.
- Why is it naive to see a university experience purely from the viewpoint of a love for learning.
- University qualifications have two effects of signalling and skilling. Signalling remains the more important concern in a highly competitive meritocratic society.
- The result of investment in human capital should result in employment and higher wages.
- Comparisons will be made between local and private universities.
- A very brutal assessment of private universities will take place using the theories explained to the audience.
- Details on CPF loans.
- Details on Education loans.
- Details on private loans
- Where to get information on scholarships.
- Investing to fund the education.
I also expect very lively debate in this talk because I don't intend to pull any punches about how gritty our education system is.
Do share with me what you would like to hear in such a talk.